We are excited to announce that Dr. Marshall has achieved her Veterinary Medical Acupuncture certification (cVMA)!
What is Medical Acupuncture? Medical acupuncture is a therapeutic method that usually involves the insertion of fine, sterile needles. Modern medical practitioners developed medical acupuncture as an adaptation of Chinese acupuncture. Instead of relying on inexact metaphors to describe the body’s responses to treatment, Dr. Marshall employs current knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology, all in keeping with evidence-based medicine. The medical acupuncture courses she has completed via CuraCore™ emphasize the importance of a type of physical examination called myofascial palpation that allows the doctor to determine the location and sources of discomfort and dysfunction.
What are Some Specific Benefits?
- alleviate acute and chronic pain
- address digestive ailments, including inflammation and motility problems.
- treat respiratory issues, such as sinusitis and recurrent infections.
- neurologic problems such as peripheral neuropathy, sciatica, spinal cord injury, disk disease, and nerve-based pain problems.
- musculoskeletal complaints, including knee pain, osteoarthritis, tendinitis, back pain, and neck pain.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about our acupuncture services.